Thursday, October 20, 2011

Observation of the MicroAquarium

Today (Thursday Oct. 20) at about 3:30 I went to observe my microaquarium. First, I observed it under the microscope and saw three different types of organisms: rotifers (wheel-like, hairy appendages, transparent, and free-swimming), roundworm (more frantically often in an "S" shape) and a paramecium (cell usually of a fixed shape with some cilia and a fixed mouth. Another change I saw was some of my water had evaporated).  




Then, I took pictures of some other organisms I saw. 
Pennack RW. 1953. Fig. 7

Pennack RW. 1953. Fig. 133

Pennack RW.1953. Fig. 97

Ward HB and Whipple GC. 1918 Fig. 1320

Bibliography:

Pennack RW. 1953. Fresh-water Vertebrates of the United States. New York (NY): The Ronald Press Company. 769 p.

Ward HB and Whipple GC. 1918. Fresh Water Biology . New York (NY): John Wiley and Sons Inc. 1111 p. 



No comments:

Post a Comment